by admin, December 29, 2021, Tips
No one wants to be in an accident. However, before you are ever involved in an accident it is wise to keep a few things in mind to ensure you are fully covered and choose the right route to take. Auto collision repairs can be a stressful event. Below is a guide to assist you in alleviating some of that stress.
- Auto Collision Coverage: Before you are ever involved in in an auto collision, it is best to know your auto insurance policy. Know where your deductible stands to avoid a costly outcome in the event of a claim. It’s often set at $500, but you may have bumped it up to $1,000 at some point – a tactic that really can help you save on insurance rates over time. You need to consider the cost of auto-body repairs, though, just be prepared to pay the full deductible amount out of pocket if the accident is deemed to be your fault.
- Know Your Rights: After you have been involved in an auto collision your first instinct may be to contact your auto coverage provider. Your insurer may direct you to its list of approved repair shops, which can be just fine – but be aware that those shops might be tempted to take shortcuts with your vehicle in order to save money. That’s because they will only receive pre-negotiated rates from the insurance company, and those rates might be stingy. It is your right to choose who repairs your vehicle despite what your insurance carrier may lead you to believe.
- Obtain Multiple Estimates. When it is time to look for a reputable auto collision repair center be sure to ask questions and take notes. Choose a variety of businesses, including independent shops, chain outlets and dealerships. Your research is your best ally when choosing the right auto repair shop for your needs.
- Replacement Parts: Many insurance companies want repair shops to use less expensive salvage or generic replacement parts, as opposed to original-equipment manufacturer (OEM) parts, which match your vehicle exactly and cost more. You may not have much of a choice in the matter if you’re responsible for the accident – but if you’re not at fault, instruct the shop to use OEM parts. OEM parts will restore your vehicle back to factory condition.
- Do Your Research: If you are looking at a specific auto collision repair shop to complete your repair, check the shop’s reputation and complaint history. Often times you can ask for a referral from family and friends. As you search for a shop, check to see how many consumers have complained about it by visiting the Better Business Bureau site and check reviews on Google, Yelp, Facebook and Carwise. You also can check with your state’s attorney general’s office or consumer affairs department.
Another thing to look for is check for qualifications such as I-CAR® Gold Class®, ASE, and other certifications. These intense training programs say a lot about a shop’s repair quality and the additional knowledge to complete them.
Looking for a Reputable Automotive Collision Repair Shop in Southampton, PA after an Accident? Be sure to put Tri County Collision Center’s contact information in your glovebox or bookmark it on your phone this winter in case of an unexpected event. We offer Insurance Claims Assistance so that your repair process goes as smoothly and as stress-free as possible.
Tri County Collision Center is an ASE / I-CAR® Gold Class certified auto body shop located in Southampton, PA. Call one of our technicians today to learn more about our collision repair and auto painting services. We are OEM certified collision repair facility for INFINITI, Nissan, Hyundai, Kia, Acura, Honda, GM, Chrysler, Ford, Dodge and Jeep.
Tri-County Collision Center is conveniently located near the PA turnpike, route 95 and Street Road, County Line Road and Second Street Pike at 995 Jaymor Road, Southampton, PA 18966. Give us a call at 215.322.5350 or just stop in if you’re in need of auto collision services.
Tri County Collision Center’s shop hours are Monday-Friday 8am-6pm, and Saturday by appointment. We would be happy to supply you with an auto repair quote online or over the phone and we always welcome comments and suggestions.