by admin, September 24, 2021, Tips
Accidents in Southampton, PA and surrounding areas can be stressful, and most people involved are usually not prepared with what to do next. Statistics show that the average driver will be involved in about four car accidents over the course of their lifetime. Tri-County Collision Center wants you to be prepared for the worst. Following these simple steps will ensure that you are taking proper action following an accident.
Safety is #1 and is a must in an Automobile Accident
- If possible, move your vehicle out of traffic and into a safe space.
- Ensure your vehicle is in park, turn off the engine and turn on your hazard lights.
- Check for injuries to yourself, your passengers and passengers of other vehicles involved in the incident.
Get Help if you are in an Accident that Involves a Collision
- If there are any serious injuries, call 911 and request an ambulance.
- Do not attempt to move anyone that has been seriously injured.
- Even if the accident is minor, call the police to file a report.
Collect Information from the Other Party after an Auto Accident
- Drivers and passengers: names and contact information
- Vehicle descriptions (make, model, year)
- Driver’s license numbers
- License plate numbers
- Insurance companies and policy numbers
- Names and contact information of witnesses
- Location of the accident, closest address if possible
- Police officer’s name and badge number
- Take photos of the scene (only if it is safe to do so)
Remain Calm and Cooperate with Police after an Accident
- Do not admit responsibility for the accident, even if you believe you were at fault.
- Do not blame other drivers for the accident.
- Allow police to determine who, if anyone, was at fault in the crash.
File a Claim and Seek Help with Insurance Claim Assistance if You’re Unsure
- Call your insurance company and report the incident as soon as possible.
- Give them your information and the information you gathered at the scene.
- Let the agent know that a police report has been filed.
Looking for a Reputable Automotive Collision Repair Shop in Southampton, PA after an Accident?
Tri County Collision Center is an ASE / I-CAR® GOLD certified auto body shop located in Southampton, PA. Call one of our technicians today to learn more about our collision repair and auto painting services.
Tri-County Collision Center is conveniently located near PA turnpike, route 95 and Street Road, County Line Road and Second Street Pike at 995 Jaymor Road, Southampton, PA 18966. Give us a call at 215.322.5350 or just stop in if you’re in need of auto collision services.
Tri County Collision Center’s shop hours are Monday-Friday 8am-6pm, and Saturday by appointment only. We would be happy to supply you with an auto repair quote online or over the phone and we always welcome comments and suggestions.
Need a tow or a rental car due an auto collision accident? No worries, Tri County Collision Center also provides services for tow, rental car, and insurance claims assistance. You are in good hands with a trusted collision shop in Southampton, PA.